|“The Plantation Police, or Home-Guard, Examining Negro Passes on the Levee Road Below New Orleans" by F.B. Schell.|
From Emancipation 150: Local Lives and National Events.
1. Understanding the development of character and of conflict in Kindred. Instructions HERE.
2. Integrating evidence from Kindred into a body paragraph. For this exercise, you will need a copy of the novel and the handout on signal phrases on page 46 of the class packet. Instructions HERE.
Online Work for Week Seven
Note: items marked with an asterisk will count as your hour of online attendance for Week Seven.
- *Complete Journal 7: “The Storm,” “The Rope,” and “Epilogue”
- Complete the Quiz for "The Storm" and "The Rope" on Blackboard.
- Complete the Quiz on Literary Terms II on Blackboard based on THIS PRESENTATION.
- Need to discuss you midterm grade and suggest a plan of action for the rest of the semester? Fill out this form
|Pass for a slave named Barney from The Civil War in Missouri|