|Petruchio forcing Kate to kiss him at their wedding ceremony.|
Image from Franco Zefirelli's 1967 film version of
Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew found in TV Tropes
Peace! I will stop your mouth.
- Open the Introductory Presentation on Much Ado HERE.
- Open the Literary Terms III: Drama Presentation HERE.
B. Work on Journal 9.
Online Work for Week Ten
Note: items marked with an asterisk will count as your hour of online attendance for Week Ten.
By Tuesday, June 6 at 9:00AM:
- The Battle of the Sexes: Male and Female Reputation HERE.
- Happy Endings? Marriage, or The Taming of the Shrew HERE.
3. Complete the Quiz on Literary Terms III on Blackboard.
4. At the beginning of class on June 6: Turn in take-home portion of Final Exam.
By Thursday, June 8 at 12:00 midday: Revise Essay 1; (Optional) Revise Essay 3
- Read "Guidelines for Revising Essays" (packet, page 58). If you do not follow these guidelines to the letter, I will not accept your revision.
- Check a sample revision of Essay 1 (packet, pages 59-62).
- Submit your revisions to me or my box in E-103
**As per the syllabus, if you have turned in a draft late, it cannot be revised for a new grade.**
By Sunday, June 11 at 9:00AM: Journals 8-11.
By Tuesday, June 13 learn one of the following sonnets by heart:
- Shakespeare's "Sonnet 130,"
- Donne's "Holy Sonnet X,"
- Millay's What lips my lips.."